Installing ABC Toolkit
- Click on the Download button to download the Zip file
- After downloading the file to your computer, right-click the Zip file and select Extract All
- After the files had finished extracting, open the folder ABC Toolkit Setup and double-click the file setup.exe (the .exe may not show). This will start the installation process
- If you are using Windows 7 or above, you will be prompted to grant setup.exe permission
- Follow the instructions to complete your installation.
- Do note change the default installation path: C:\ABCToolkit
- If you receive the message “The file being copied is newer than the file currently on your system…Do you want to keep this file?” Click Yes
- If you receive a message “An error occurred while registering the file…” Click Ignore.
Starting ABC Toolkit
Locate ABCToolkit.exe in the folder C:\ACToolkit and double-click the icon to start the program (you can create a short-cut to your desktop)
You will be prompted to connect to the database. Accept the default database and other settings by clicking Connect
Click the logon button and enter your Username and Password. If you are logging in for the first time, you will supply the following Username and Password:
- User name: system
- Password: system
(This is systems administrator’s account. Remember to change the password as soon as you logon)
You will be prompted to enter your company’s particulars. Supply them in the spaces provided and click Ok.
This will bring you to the program menu. There are two sets of menu – the Explorer menu at the left and the Toolbar menu at the top.
Loading the Default Parameters
- Click System Control Parameters on the Explorer menu
- Cross-check your company’s particulars under Company Details
- Click Load Default Settings. Select all the options and click Load
Your system is ready for use.
The Transactions menu on the Toolbar contains most of the tools you will use to record your transactions. Consult your User’s Guide for further information on how to get started with ABC Toolkit.